We’re looking for a few more 2021 Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) crew members to finish out the season! This is a short-term position; we expect the season to wrap up in about 4-6 weeks, by around November 11th.
The Rio Grande Return Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) is a summer/fall employment program that engages young people in meaningful work experiences while developing an ethic of environmental stewardship and civic responsibility. Crew members will gain skills relevant to careers in forestry, natural resource and land management, restoration, conservation, and more.
How to apply:
Download, complete and submit the application below as soon as possible – see application for submittal details.
What to expect:
- Applications are open to NM residents 17 to 25 years old
- Applicants must have reliable transportation; personal vehicle/driver’s license preferred
- Applicants must be prepared for physical work in an outdoor environment under potentially adverse weather conditions and on rough terrain
- Work days are Monday – Thursday, 7am – 5pm
- Work will primarily take place in the Jemez mountains and Corrales; camping will be necessary most weeks
- Work will include biological monitoring, fence removal, field preparation and native plant nursery work, and Beaver Dam Analog construction and repairs
- Pay is $15.00/hour for crew members